Key Stage 2
Our teachers deliver a balanced, ambitious and engaging primary curriculum, rich in knowledge, skills and meaningful experiences.
Complemented by topic based workshops and specialist teachers, we provide pupils with a high-quality lessons that enables teachers to stimulate learning, raise achievement and encourage motivation.
We believe that all of us learn best when we recall, relate to or take part in purposeful, interesting and exciting experiences which we can then use as a basis for exploring our learning.
At St John’s we provide a curriculum that is creative and relevant to today’s world. Children will experience a wide range of activities planned in accordance with the National Curriculum.
The subjects studied by the children are:
- English- Phonics, Early reading and comprehension, writing
- RE, following The way, The Truth and The Life
We have designed a curriculum that uses ‘Cornerstones’ themes as a basis and allows children to make connections in their study of:
- Art and Design
- Design Technology (DT)
We are extremely fortunate at St John’s to have a specialist Music teacher and PE teacher to provide the children with lessons in these areas.
Our curriculum is designed to link planning and assessment in a structured, manageable and useful way. This supports the children’s learning and enables staff to assess progress, intervene appropriately and ensure a partnership with parents and carers by sharing information.
Please find below, our latest Curriculum newsletters:
- Year 4 Spring Curriculum Newsletter
- year 3 Spring Curriculum Newsletter
- Year 5 Spring Curriculum Newsletter
- Year 6 Spring Curriculum Newsletter
- Year 6 Autumn Curriculum Newsletter
- Year 5 Autumn Curriculum Newsletter
- year 4 Autumn Curriculum Newsletter
- Year 3 Autumn Curriculum Newsletter